Chef Luke Palladino
Prosciutto grissini is a simple yet elegant way to incorporate a prosciutto appetizer into your next dinner party. The creamy prosciutto-wrapped breadsticks will turn a dull cheese plate into an extraordinary surprise for all of your guests – they’ll surely be asking for the recipe. Try a smooth Sauternes Bordeaux wine with this prosciutto appetizer to balance sweetness and saltiness or try a heavier stout beer to compliment the truffle butter and prosciutto.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 6 grissini (long, thin breadsticks)
- 6 thin slices Prosciutto di Parma
Combine butter and truffle oil in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread cheese on a plate. With a butter knife, spread each grissini with the butter mixture 3/4 of the way up. Roll each stick in the cheese to coat.
Wrap each with a slice of prosciutto. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 6