Who doesn’t love a good ravioli dish? Much like cappelletti, ravioli has a similar shape and is packed with delicious cheese. This dish has a creamy and rich mouth feel but wont feel to heavy when enjoying this dish. Enjoy this Italian inspired dish as an entrée and pair it with a sweet Pinot Grigio to have an all-around truly satisfying meal.
- 1 1/2 Cup(s) flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Cup(s) ricotta cheese
- 1 Cup(s) robiola cheese
- 1/2 Cup(s) Parmigiano cheese, grated
- 2 1/2 Cup(s) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, parsley, as needed
- 4-5 tablespoons white wine
- Stock, as needed
- extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Sage, as needed
- 2/3 Cup(s) Prosciutto di Parma, sliced in thin strips
- Prepare the pasta sheet with the flour, eggs and a pinch of salt.
- Knead together and leave covered in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Fry the crushed garlic in oil, add the sliced mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes and then pour over the wine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Finish cooking, adding the stock a little at a time, and then remove the garlic.
- Cream the ricotta with the robiola and add the parsley, grated cheese and finely chopped mushrooms.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Roll out the pasta with a machine and place well-spaced heaps of filling along the pasta strips, and then fold the pasta over the filling and cut out crescent shaped ravioli using a round pasta cutter.
- Cook the ravioli in salted boiling water, drain and finish in a frying pan with butter, sage and thin strips of Prosciutto di Parma.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.