Prosciutto wrapped dates are the appetizer your party guests didn’t know they needed and one you’ll make during special occasions all year round. They’re a classic, delicious and simple pairing that are easy to make will leave your friends and family wanting more. Enjoy this sweet and savory appetizer with prosciutto, especially during this holiday season.
- 12 dates
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 12 small pieces
- 3 Tbs. honey, divided
- 6 slices Prosciutto di Parma, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with shallow sides with parchment paper.
- Slice dates open in half lengthwise, but not all the way through and remove pit. Stuff each date with mozzarella and press to seal.
- Brush dates with 1 Tbs. honey. Fold each half slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise, wrap around dates and arrange dates on prepared baking sheet.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 2 Tablespoons honey and balsamic vinegar; reserve 2 Tablespoon honey mixture. Brush remaining mixture on dates.
- Bake 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer dates to serving dish, drizzle with reserved honey mixture. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
Preparation Time: 15min
Tip: For a citrusy zing, stir ¼ teaspoon orange zest into balsamic honey mixture!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.