Satisfy your salad craving with seasonal tastes out of the ordinary. This prosciutto salad from Drool-Worthy Daily is one-of-a-kind, with hearty farro, creamy goat cheese, tangy oranges and a fresh rosemary vinaigrette, all of which complement each other perfectly for flavor in every bite. Serve as an incredible salad course for all of your holiday dinner parties or pack in your bag for an out of this world office lunch. Serve this ultimate prosciutto salad with a light, traditional wheat beer or a classic Italian dry white wine to balance the sweetness.
IngredientsIngredients for Salad:
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 3 ounces Prosciutto di Parma
- 1 cup farro, cooked (can substitute with wild rice)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded and chopped
- Arils of 1 pomegranate
- 3 oranges, segmented
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together all salad ingredients. (TIP: Add prosciutto just before serving for freshness).
Drizzle salad with dressing just before serving. Enjoy!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.