There are few meals as mouthwatering as prosciutto pizza recipes. Our pesto & arugula cauliflower prosciutto pizza is no exception. This low-carb dish, topped with basil, walnuts, shaved cheese and of course, prosciutto, is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next family, friend or even book club get-together.
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 prepared cauliflower crust, 10-inch diameter
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced, 6 slices
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 Tbs. balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup shaved Grana Padano or Parmigiano Reggiano
- Prepare cauliflower crust according to package directions.
- PESTO: Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, puree olive oil, basil leaves, walnuts, grated Parmesan and garlic until smooth.
- PIZZA: Preheat oven to 450F. Spread pesto on baked pizza crust to within ½-inch of edges and top with fresh mozzarella.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until pizza is hot and cheese is melted.
- Top with prosciutto and arugula and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
TIP: In a hurry? Substitute a heaping ½ cup of store bought pesto for the homemade pesto!
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.