Quiche is a savory dish consisting of a pastry crust filled with eggs and various fillings. It is a popular French dish, perfect for a tasty breakfast. In this case, the light buttery crust is filled with a creamy filling packed with prosciutto, potatoes, and vegetables. Do you eat on the go most mornings? Then this is the perfect recipe for you!
IngredientsSavory pastry crust
- 1 Cup(s) fine white flour
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoon(s) white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup(s) boiled potatoes, chopped
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 Cup(s) blanched broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 Cup(s) cream
- 1/3 Cup(s) Prosciutto di Parma, chopped
- 2 spoons pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 oz chopped leek
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F
Savory pastry crust:
- Knead together the listed ingredients for a pastry crust, and then wrap the ball of dough in cling wrap and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
- Fry the chopped Prosciutto and leek in oil.
- Add the diced potatoes and broccoli in pieces. Simmer together for a few minutes and remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and then add the cream and grated cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and then mix in the potatoes and broccoli to complete the filling.
Roll out the savory pastry crust and line six 2 1/2 inch buttered and floured molds.
Trim off the excess pastry, prick the bottom and then pour in the filling.
Decoration: decorate the mini quiches with the Prosciutto slices.
We’d love to hear your thoughts, ideas and comments on this recipe.