Chopped Prosciutto Salad
Chef Jon Shook, Animal & Son of a Gun
In the mood for a fresh and bright meal? Looking for a prosciutto salad recipe? Try our tasty Chopped Prosciutto Salad, and enjoy the salty, creamy and crispy components in each bite. The creamy red wine vinaigrette will pack a tangy punch that beautifully balances the rich prosciutto and cheese. Pack this prosciutto salad ahead for a revved up lunch at the office or serve alongside a savory dinner entrée with a nice glass of white wine. With so much deliciousness in one dish, you can’t go wrong.
- 2/3 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup Prosciutto di Parma
- 1/4 cup Provolone cheese, diced
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- 2 ounces tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ounce red onion, finely diced
- 1 ounce roasted peppers, chopped
- 1 ounce button mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 to 2 ounces Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Salt, to taste
- 5 to 8 pieces, torn fried bread
In a large bowl, combine romaine lettuce, prosciutto, cheeses, tomato, onion, peppers and mushrooms; add creamy vinaigrette and toss gently. Season with salt.
To serve, divide evenly among shallow salad plates; garnish with torn bread pieces.
Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- Salt, to taste
- Granulated white sugar, to taste
Creamy Red Wine Vinaigrette Instructions
In a blender, combine mayonnaise, wine, vinegar, garlic paste, oregano and basil; blend until smooth.
Season with salt and sugar to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 4